Competition Entries and Rules
- Club competitions are open to all club members
- Club competition titles and dates will be circulated to members at the beginning of the competition year (normally in advance)
- 2021/22 – There will only be 3 competitions this year due to the changes to schedules brought about by the effects of the pandemic.
- For this season only all 3 competitions will be “Open” ie no set theme.
- For this season only all competitions will will Digital Projected Images.
- Should it be found that an image entered for a competition is not created by the author then any marks awarded to that entrant in the competition will be deleted.
- Each digital image: maximum resolution 1600px wide, 1200px high
- Up to 3 images can be submitted per competition
- They can be all of the same format (all colour or all mono) or they can be of a mixed format... i.e.
- one image submitted (either mono or colour)
- two images submitted (one in colour, one in mono)
- three images submitted (one in colour, one in mono, third image your choice)
- Maximum image file size: >2mb (if it’s bigger the upload will fail)
- Files must be correctly named (images not correctly named may not be accepted into the competition)
- Images cannot have been submitted within any previous POTY competition
- The Club reserves the right to publish any submitted images on the club website and to use them within inter-club competitions
- Images must be your own work
- Images may be titled on the front
- The entrants name or initials must not appear on the face of the print or mount
- All digital images must be submitted online. Entries will not be accepted on memory sticks or by email.
- Note also, images depicting explicit sexual content, violence, acts of a criminal nature, or racism, etc. may not be accepted.
Club competitions will be split into two sections:
- Open: For which all members are eligible. 1st, 2nd and 3rd, Places will be awarded to a members highest scoring image.
- Endeavour: For which new members to the club are eligible, until such a time they progress to the Open standard. 1st, 2nd and 3rd, Places will be awarded to a members highest scoring image.
A member will progress to the Open standard at the end of a competition year after they gain a 1st Open competition position, two 2nd Open competition positions, or, three 3rd Open positions within an competition year. A member will also progress to the Open standard following a win of the Endeavour Trophy.
To avoid submission problems for members with slow internet connection you will need to submit each of your images individually. Please fill in the form correctly with all details as we have previously agreed. Your image filenames must be correctly named in the following format…
image number-your initials-image title.jpg
If you have a middle initial – e.g. 01-ADS-FarHills.jpg
If you don’t have a middle initial see the Competition Secretary who will allocate you a number to use for the middle initial -e.g. 01-D02J- FarHills.jpg
To enter images, please log in to the Members Area and choose the upload page.